RA Ticket Scanner
How to use the RA Ticket Scanner
The RA Ticket Scanner has been developed by a team that understands club culture and the specific needs of promoters and venues, ensuring you have the most powerful entry logistics tool for events ranging from 200 to 20,000 people.
RA Ticket Scanner supports:
- Paper tickets
- Tickets through the RA Guide app
- Tickets in Apple Wallet
- Smartphone-displayed tickets
- Tickets sold on external outlets
- Super-fast and reliable synced scanning across multiple devices
- Real-time entry tracking statistics
- Add new guests at any time, at the touch of a button, from any device
- Real-time syncing to handle last-minute guestlist requests in seconds
- Search for guest names manually or filter by guestlist or ticket tier
- Import tickets from other vendors
- Amend ticket allocations or end sale dates and stop sales through the app
- Secondary and tertiary logins for door staff with limited access
RA Ticket Scanner Walkthrough
1. Logging in
Enter the username and password that controls the primary promoter account
If you have door staff, we recommend you set a secondary user password. Those who login using a secondary password cannot see statistics, add guestlist, or change ticket allocations.
To do this, head to RA Pro, navigate to Ticket Management and set the password under the 'RA Ticket Scanner' section at the bottom of the page. We recommend you change the password for every event. The username remains the same as the primary login.
If you want to hide the names of guests on the app then you can also set a tertiary user password.
To do this, follow the same process as above for secondary users.
2. Select promoter
Select your account from the list on the screen.
3. Select event
You will be able to select events from a list of current or past events. Select the event you want to scan tickets for.
4. Menu navigation
The following statistics are displayed beneath the event details:
- Tickets scanned / tickets sold (e.g. 300 / 500)
- Guestlist tickets scanned / guestlist tickets sent (e.g. 10 / 20)
- Total tickets scanned / total tickets sold (e.g. 310 / 520)
- Scanned by device (e.g. 310)
The main event menu is then split into four sections:
- Scan tickets:
Access the ticket holders list and scan people in
- Sales management:
View ticket sales, update ticket allocation and update ticket sale end date.
- Event statistics:
View tickets sold, guestlist, roll call, revenue and event views
Turn on local sync to scan tickets without an internet connection
This message means some scans have not yet successfully synced to the server and will display the number of tickets yet to be uploaded.
To clear 'pending upload', simply sync the device. If the Pending Upload number does not reduce, then this could be a sign that the device is struggling to connect to the internet. We recommend using 'local sync' (see step 9) in such instances.
If you can't see this message then all scans have successfully synced with the server.
5. Scan tickets
Tap the 'scan' button to scan printed or mobile barcode tickets by holding the camera over the barcode until the ticket is checked in.
Tap ' filter', ensure the relevant tier is selected and then tap 'submit'. You will then see a filtered list of ticket holders. When the filter is enabled, the device will only scan tickets from that particular tier (e.g. VIP filter will not scan GA tickets).
6. Adding guests
You can also manually add guests to the guestlist directly from the app. Just Tap 'add' in the top right-hand corner, fill in their details and tap 'submit'.
The guest will then be added to the guestlist and can be checked in.
7. Sales management
Tap a ticket tier to see a sales breakdown for that ticket.
You can adjust allocations in real-time by tapping ' update allocation', stop sales or update the sale end date and time from this window.
8. Event statistics
This is your real-time event dashboard.
You can view tickets sold, guestlist, roll call, revenue and event views.
Tap 'view more statistics' and login to RA Pro for a more detailed breakdown.
You can scan tickets without an internet connection by turning on local sync.
Importing external tickets:
Preparing the file:
- In order to import external tickets into the RA scanning system, you’ll need to create a spreadsheet for each separate ticketing outlet.
- The file must be in .csv format and there must only be 3 columns - with the titles: Name, Barcode and Type
- The column titles must contain those titles only.
|Joe Bloggs||12345678||Early bird|
|Jane Doe||12345678||4th release|
Please check for spacing before or after the words as any additional characters or spaces in the title field can cause upload issues (including capital letters and -s at the end of the titles)
If there’s a separate column for first name and last name in the export spreadsheet for the other ticket outlets, you’ll need to collate this into one column.
How to collate first & last names in a spreadsheet:
- Create a new column and input the following formula:
B3 = first name cell
C3 = surname cell
- Drag the formula down to fill in the full name for all ticket holders
- Create a new column to the right of the previous column
- Copy the name data and paste into the new column using ‘paste values only’
- Delete all other columns
- Title the remaining column ‘Name’
Once you’re left with the three columns, save this as a CSV. file which can then be imported.
Uploading into RA:
To import your pre-prepared files:
- Head to RA Pro
- Click on the event title of the event you need to upload the tickets to
- Click on the “ticket scanner & guestlist” tab
- Under the “EXTERNAL TICKET IMPORT” title click “Manage external tickets”
- Enter the name of the outlet you are uploading from
- Click Choose File and select the pre-prepared .CSV file you made earlier
7. Once uploaded you will see a list of all your external tickets below as well as an update of the number of external tickets that have been imported:
If you make a mistake, you can delete individual tickets or delete all from the bottom of the page.
These tickets will then appear in the ticket scanner and can be scanned in or manually entered.
If you’re an event promoter or event organiser and you still need help, go to RA Pro and login. Then use the “Help” button in the corner to contact us.