How to add a promo code to your event
Promo codes are useful if you want to create a ticket link different from your standard tiers.
There are 3 types of promo codes:
- Discount codes: Offer discounts on ticket purchases
- Ticket rep link: Unique codes for ticket reps to track how many sales they make
- Secret ticket links: Custom URLs for accessing secret ticket tiers e.g. friends & family
Please note that codes cannot include any spaces or special characters.
Discount codes can be used to apply discounts on ticket purchases.
To create a discount code:
- Head to ticket management tools page on your event and locate the ‘promos’ section
- Click ‘add promo’ and enter the code you wish to use e.g. friendsandfamily or birthdaydiscount
- Enter the percentage discount in the discount box e.g. a value of 30 will apply a 30% discount
- Enter an allocation if you want to limit the number of discounted tickets available
- Click ‘add’ to generate a custom URL that you can share
Ticket rep links
Using ticket reps to sell tickets on your behalf is a great way to broaden your reach and boost ticket sales. Create a unique URL for each ticket rep so you can track how well they are selling.
- Head to ticket management on your event and locate the ‘promos’ section
- Click ‘add promo’ and enter the name of the ticket rep in the code box
- Click ‘add’ to generate the URL
You can track sales from this link via the ticket management page.
Secret ticket links
You can also use the promos section to create links to secret ticket tiers, e.g. presales, secret members tickets or secret upgrades.
To setup a secret ticket:
- Submit a hidden ticket
- Head to the promos section in ticket management
- Enter the name of the ticket in the code box (e.g. presale)
- Tick the box ‘allow code to access private tickets’
- Use the dropdown menu to choose which tiers this code should apply to
Creating promo codes in bulk
If you want to create several promo codes at once:
- Select ‘Add many promos’ in the Promos section of Ticket Management
- You can enter:
- The ‘Number of promos’ you want to generate (maximum 10,000 per time)
- The Discount percentage this code will apply
- The allocation of tickets, per code generated
- You can also choose to apply these codes to a particular ticket, and their dependant tickets
- Once you’ve generated your codes, they will appear in a table with a download link.
- This will generate multiple single use codes, once used they will expire and can't be shared.
Reporting & user data
You can track the performance of your promo codes in the ticket management section, as well as export the user data for each code by clicking ‘download promo user data’.
Times used: how many times a link was used
Used (allocation): how many tickets were bought using the code vs. the allocation
If you’re an event promoter or event organiser and you still need help, go to RA Pro and login. Then use the “Help” button in the corner to contact us.