Everything you need to know about reselling tickets on RA
Our resale technology provides a simple, fair and secure way for ticket buyers to sell their unwanted tickets to sold out events, bypassing touts and fraudsters in the process. Since barcodes are only issued 24 hours before the event, it is not possible to sell legitimate tickets at inflated prices on third-party marketplaces such as Facebook and Viagogo. This also means that any RA tickets sold anywhere other than on RA are extremely likely to be fraudulent.
Here’s how it works:
- A fan decides they no longer need their tickets
- They assign their tickets to the resale pool through their order in My Tickets
- If all tickets within a chain sell out (e.g. day tickets only), the resale pool becomes active
- Tickets in the resale pool then go on sale at the final tier price
- Once resold, the original ticket is cancelled and a new ticket is issued to the buyer
- The original ticket holder receives a refund minus a small administrative fee
The great thing about RA Resale is that all additional ticket revenue goes to you, the promoter.
Here’s a working example:
- You sell tickets at 2 different price tiers: 1st release (£15), final release (£25)
- Ticket buyer 1 purchases a 1st release ticket (£15)
- Tickets sell out across both tiers
- Ticket buyer 1 puts their ticket up for resale
- Ticket buyer 2 purchases that resold ticket as a final release ticket (£25)
- Ticket buyer 1 receives a a refund minus a small administrative fee
- You receive £10 additional revenue
You can view your additional resale revenue under the ‘sales’ section of Ticket Management.
For a more detailed breakdown, you can use the Export tool and then filter for ‘Resold tickets’.
How to set up resale:
Resale will begin once every release for a specific ticket type has sold out. You don’t need to do anything else.
How to end the resale:
You can stop the resale at any time. Just head to Ticket Management and change the sale end dates of your ticket tiers so that they are in the past. This will ensure resale is no longer active.
Resale is turned on for all events by default, but if you don’t want it on at all, please contact [email protected] and we can switch it off without you having to stop sales.
You can share these FAQs with your customers should they have any questions about resale.
How do I resell my ticket?
To add your ticket to the resale queue:
- Head to 'My Tickets,' select the order you want to sell and click 'View Tickets'
- Go to 'Resale', enter your RA password and then click 'Resell Ticket.'
Once your ticket has been added to the queue, it will then go on sale once tickets have sold out.
How do I know if my ticket has resold?
If your ticket is sold, you will receive a confirmation email, and a refund at face value minus a small administrative fee.
When will I receive my refund?
Refunds will be processed within 3-5 working days after your ticket has resold.
Can I transfer my ticket to a friend?
If you want to give your ticket to a friend instead you can do this by changing the name on the ticket in the RA Guide.
To change the name on a ticket:
- Head to the Tickets tab in RA Guide, select the relevant order and tap the Tickets button
- Tap the pencil icon next to your name on the ticket to assign a new name to the ticket
- Repeat for other tickets by swiping to view the next barcode and amending the name.
Please note, you can only change the name on each ticket once. If your ticket is in the resale queue you will not be able to change the name on it unless you remove it from the resale queue. Once the name has been changed on a ticket, you cannot enter it into the resale queue.
If you do not have the RA Guide you can download it here:
What if I change my mind?
As long as your ticket has not yet resold, You can remove it from the resale queue at any time by going to your ticket in My Tickets, clicking on the order and clicking “keep ticket” next to each ticket you want to keep.
What if the event doesn’t sell out?
The resale pool for each specific ticket type will only become active when all of its releases have sold out.
What if my ticket doesn't resell?
If your ticket does not resell before the event it is yours to use and you can view it in the RA guide or in your My Tickets section of the website.
Can I buy tickets from secondary ticket selling websites such as Viagogo or Ticketswap?
Our tickets are only sold through Resident Advisor and barcodes are only issued 24 hours before the event. Therefore, any tickets for sale on Ticketswap or Viagogo should not be purchased, since there is no way to guarantee that they are real tickets.
The only safe way to buy tickets is through the RA resale.
If you’re an event promoter or event organiser and you still need help, go to RA Pro and login. Then use the “Help” button in the corner to contact us.